Just because it’s my birthday, this post will be about…you guessed it…ME! *In my spoiled brat voice* Me, Me, Me! Ok, not necessarily about me, but all of my favortie accessories. I am a fashion jewelry fanatic. My favorite collections, BCBG Generation, Guess, and Kenneth Cole New York capture my multiple personalities and roll them into one. The BCBG Generation collection brings out the edgy, rocker in me with studs, spikes, and thick chains. Guess makes me feel sexy and seductive with it’s sleek metals and rhinestone accents. Simple designs and chic lace and crystal elements from Kenneth Cole New York keep me classy and sophisticated when need be. I’ve also been known to dabble in the eclectic Betsey Johnson line. How could you NOT love these collections? They’re bold. They’re vibrant. They’re divalicious. They’re 40%-70% off at www.CollectionsByEden.com
The crossbody has gained immense popularity for it’s effortless portability and easy access storage. The long, adjustable shoulder strap allows you to simply sling it and go. The many pockets keep all of your belongings organized and within reach. With all of the new sizes, materials, and details what’s not to love about the crossbody? Find one that fits your lifestyle at www.CollectionsByEden.com
Some love it, some loathe it…but it’s here none-the-less. The start of a new school year. It’s like a second ‘New Year’. This is your chance to set the tone for a whole new year. Whether you’re aiming for a completely different image or just to update your look, be sure to mark these items off your hit list:
- The epitome of self-expression
- Who can get it wrong when it’s written across your chest?
- Speaking of graphic tees, when you get caught staring at some guy’s chest, like I just did… you can blame it on the tee
- Duhhhh…what’s new? Denim will never die…don’t you wish you were J.W. Davis and Levi Strauss?
- Washed, and worn looks are still a hit as well as the rainbow of colors flooding the streets. We just can’t get enough
- Slim-fitting boot cut and skinny styles are a win-win situation as they look great on every body type
- I deeply despise winter, but I loooove boots!
- Booties, mids, knee-highs, thigh-highs…what’s not to love?
- Details definitely matter. Stand out this school year with buckles, studs, laces, and fringe
- Step out in style with the latest cute, comfy styles- brogues (the old-school boyish lace-ups), moccasins, and espadrilles
- Also, check out hot new updates to classic styles such as ballets, loafers, and moccasins
- The flashy patterns, studs, bows, and buckles that designers at Aldo (www.AldoShoes.com) have used this season are sure to turn heads
Crossbody and Messenger Bags
- Known for their versatility with full length adjustable straps, and a multitude of sections and pockets
- Easy and effortless. Simply fill it, sling it and go
- Like the cherry on top…complete any look with an oversized hoop, a couple of classic charm bracelets or a unique pendant
- There is no faster, easier…or cheaper way to make your wardrobe pop than with fashion jewelry.
- How could I not be vain and tell you about the bold leather BCBG Generation cuffs, ultra-chic oversized Guess hoops, and exclusive handcrafted Collection by Eden pendants available at www.CollectionsByEden.com?
With this list of hits, start the new school year off right…in style, on point, and focused.
***One more day to save an extra 10% storewide! The Back to School Sale Ends tomorrow!***
Coupon code: School
With all of the excitement of grand summer vacations, and weekend get-a-ways, who has time to stress about what to pack? Dress to effortlessly impress this summer. Prepare for your summer get-a-way with these easy day-to-evening pieces.
Flowing Maxi Dress
- Eye catching patterns
- Cool, breezy fabrics
- Great look on average-to-tall heights and all body types
- Petites can opt for the asymmetric cut (shorter in front, longer in back) to balance proportions.
- Bold, vibrant colors
- Timeless look
- Pair with a neutral solid or matching patterned top to tone it down or a coordinating bright top for the color-blocking trend
- Easy and effortless
- Wide range of lengths and cuts to accommodate all body types
- Short (not booty short) lengths give height to the vertically challenged
Knit Vest and/or Cotton Button Up
- Get the layered look without having to layer your deodorant
- Wear it over form-fitting tanks to hide pudge
- Add definition with a cinch or skinny belt
- What’s not to love about the basic tee???
- Ultimate versatility
- Works well with every body type
- Multiple style combinations…and the list goes on
- Transitions from day to evening
- Quickly and easily dress them up or down
- Try not to over-power the already eye-catching bling with excessive patterned and studded toe nail designs
Strappy Heels and Wedges
- Extends the length of the legs, especially when worn in neutral colors
- Wear them with virtually anything…dresses, skirts, shorts, pants…
Simple Stud Earrings
- Remember the basic tee? Same principle
- Simple, understated, yet completing
Long Chain Pendants
- No thought required. Throw it on. Exit stage left. Flawless
- The simpler the pendant, the better
- My favorite accessory! What’s more stylish than an armful of mixed bangles?
- This is your chance to throw it all together and not look a hot mess. Mix metals, textures, and colors. You can’t go wrong
Seeeee…? Too easy, right? I’ve got my stopwatch ready. How long will it take you to pack now?
Oooops…I almost forgot my trademark Shameless Plug!
****Take an additional 10% off all designer fashion accessories at www.CollectionsByEden.com with coupon code: School****
Ok, so I know you’ve seen this girl. She’s got the cutest shoes, the hottest handbag, expertly coordinated (not matching, but coordinating) jewelry, banging sunglasses…EVERYTHING. Top to bottom, perfectly modelesque. You want to compliment her shoes, but then you want to compliment her bag…and then you look at her earrings and think to yourself “this bourgeois (too appalled to even spell correctly, but you know what I mean) heifer”!
Well, let me tell you…hate is definitely not a good look on you. So, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a step by step guide to help you pull it all together:
Step 1: Pick Your Poison
Whether it be a killer jacket, stunning shoes, or a sleek dress, pick one piece that will draw the eye…preferably to a part of your body that you would consider an asset.
We’re going to start with a classic example: the Leopard Print Dress
Step 2: Top it Off
“Layer” your look by adding a second piece that complements the first, but doesn’t compete for attention. Keep it simple.
In this step we’ll add a black blazer to our leopard print dress.
Step 3: Friendly Competition
Accent your look by adding an eye-catching accessory. Keep the detailing simple, but make a statement by using a bold color.
Some red hot, patent leather pumps will be like that splash of hot sauce that turns up the heat but doesn’t overpower the entrée.
Step 4: Point it Out
This is where you make the look your own with flashy gold bangles, classic hoop earrings, an oversized cocktail ring, etc. This would be that “secret ingredient”. That special spice. *I apologize for all the references to food. Although I ate, I’m stilllll hungry…and there’s a tie between Ben & Jerry’s and Starbucks ice cream going on in my belly right now*
Here’s the disclaimer: Less is more. Don’t over-do it with the spices, please. It’s like wearing three or four different fragrances at the same time. Let’s go for strawberry-banana…not strawberry-melon-starfruit-twisted mango-boston cream pie.
Now we’ve got a leopard print dress, black blazer, red pumps, and we’ll add a wrist full of gold bangles to complete the look.
So, now that I have completely derailed from the topic…and everyone’s stomach is growling, let me sum it up with a recap before I race to the kitchen. Four easy steps: Choose your focal point, layer it, accent it, and make it your own. ***Scccrrreeeaammm!!!! For ice cream that is…oops, I mean fashion
Visit us at www.CollectionsByEden.com for the latest in must-have fashion accessories
We’ve all seen it before…and I’m sure we won’t all admit our guilt. I know I won’t *wink wink*. Peek-a-boo bra straps, wet t-shirt contest winners…and losers, run away panty lines, dental floss wedged in the ‘coin slot’, etc. Please be aware that people will always see the deep, dark and ugly loooong before they notice how cute those heels are or how hot that handbag is. Don’t let these ‘wardrobe malfunctions’ destroy your look. Here are a few tips to help you avoid being that chick in the grocery store whose thong is plastered on someone’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The key to all things in fashion is the fit. Improper fit creates rolls, bumps, and bulges…always in the exact place where you don’t want them. Stop lying ladies, size always has and always will matter. Buy what fits. Ignore the number on the label. It doesn’t define you.
- All Victoria’s Secret stores, and major department stores offer FREE bra fitting. It only takes a few minutes and will actually save you the time and money that you’ll waste when that ill-fitting $50 bra is riding up your back, cutting into your sides, or exposing your niplets.
- If you don’t feel comfortable being fitted, be sure to put that fitting room to good use. Don’t just try on your current size. Try on a size smaller and a size larger to see which offers the best fit and be sure to pull your shirt on to see how it looks underneath your clothing.
- A proper fit will not allow for rolls above or below the bra. The cup will lie flat against your boobage. The straps will not cut into your shoulders and will provide ample support to keep the girlies in place comfortably.
Alright ladies, now that you know better, do better. Don’t be the tweeted/booked. You’ve been warned. My camera’s charged and ready. And don’t forget! Friends don’t let friends go out in public looking a hot (bleep) mess. Be sure to share the link to our blog…unless you’re plotting to share their coin slots instead
Although we have yet to offer intimate apparel, here at www.CollectionsByEden.com, we can’t help but add our Shameless Plug anyway. So, visit us and see what’s new in our wonderful world of designer fashion accessories.
Just admit it. We all do it, ladies. We grab the dress or top that includes a belt thinking that we’re getting a great deal: two pre-coordinated items for the price of one! Newsflash: You’ve just been duped. *In my Charlie Brown voice* Whomp whomp whomp. Think about it. This ‘great’ deal of an add-on only cost 2¢ to make first of all…and secondly, if you were shopping for a belt, you know you would’ve avoided this one like the plague. Now, I’m not saying that there’s anything wrong with wearing these record-breakingly awesome, money-saving belts…but they have the tendency to cheapen your look if not complemented properly. It’s painfully obvious that the quality is sub-par. I’m sure you saw the stitching from across the store. And is that really considered “pleather”? It looks like straight plastic, no additives to me. Sooooo, if you dare to rock such an atrocity in public, let’s go over some basic dos and don’ts to pull off a designer look while making the most of this ‘great’ deal.
- Do clip the eye sores from the sides of your shirt/dress (ie, those string ‘belt loops’) that hold the belt in place. You should already know where to put your belt anyway.
- Do mix in a few designer accessories (necklace, earrings, bracelet, etc) to distract the eye. Let people think that you spent your whole paycheck on this outfit. How much you really spent will remain our little secret. *wink wink*
- Don’t wear more than two low budget pieces at one time. That is the limit. No exceptions. I’m trying to help you out here. Just trust me on this one.
- Don’t let my opinion of cheap accessories discourage you from saving money. Let it be known that I am the Ultimate Clearance Rack Shopper.
If you follow these basic rules, no one will be able to tell the difference…except for me. * In my evil villain voice* Bwhaaaa haaaaa haaaaa!!!
***It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t include a shameless plug***
Visit our website www.CollectionsByEden.com for designer belts to complete your look